NEBDN Certificate in Implant Dental Nursing
This NEBDN qualification will develop Implant Dental Nurses’ theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Topics will include treatment planning, surgical & restorative implant procedures, complications, advanced procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting, implant maintenance and oral health education.
The course covers
- The theory of Osseo-integration
- Treatment planning and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Implant instrumentation and equipment
- Implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Advanced implant procedures including bone augmentation and sinus lifting procedures
- Implant maintenance and oral health education
- Clinical photography skills.
There are a maximum of 12 places available for this course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe treatment planning options and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Describe implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of dental implant nursing
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with various dental implant procedures through completion of a portfolio (Record of Competence).
You will be expected to attend training on:
Tuesday 24 October 2023
Tuesday 09 January 2024
Tuesday 06 February 2024
Tuesday 05 March 2024
Tuesday 02 April 2024
Tuesday 07 May 2024
Tuesday 04 June 2024
Tuesday 02 July 2024
- GDC registration
- Access to assist with surgical & restorative stages of dental implant treatment as outlined in the “Employer Information Sheet” available here https://dtec.kch.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/Employer-Information-Sheet-Implants.pdf
- Self motivation
- Suitably qualified staff within the workplace who are willing to act as witnesses to your performance during completion of your Record of Experience. Each witness will need to complete a Witness Training Programme prior to observing any performance. Information regarding the Witness Training Programme is available here.
To gain the qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of listed course dates
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Competence including 2 x case studies
- Achieve pass in the written examination.
How to apply
For documentation on how to apply please visit Implants Application Pack
This can be emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
Any applications received with missing documents will not be processed and will be returned directly to applicant.
You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.
Please do not attend if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Implant Nursing’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
Candidates who fail the examination will continue to be supported by the DTEC team at no extra cost until the expiration of their Record of Competence. NEBDN however will charge a resit examination fee. Details of fees payable are available on the NEBDN website (www.nebdn.org). These fees are to be paid to DTEC in the first instance and are then forwarded to NEBDN.
Candidates who choose to / or are required to defer entry to the examination will continue to be supported by the DTEC team at no extra cost until the expiration of their Record of Competence. NEBDN however will charge a deferral fee. Details of fees payable are available on the NEBDN website (www.nebdn.org). These fees are to be paid to DTEC in the first instance and are then forwarded to NEBDN.