KCH Award in Fluoride Application
This course provides the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed for dental nurses to competently apply topical fluoride to adult and child patients, from a prescription of a dentist or as part of a community project. Participants attend 1 day of training, complete online modules via our DTEC Virtual Learning Environment, and complete a electronic portfolio of evidence.
The course covers
- Introduction to Clinical Patient Management
- Oral Disease
- Preventative Dentistry
- Topical Fluoride
There are a maximum of 12 places available on this course.
- Be competent in the safe selection and dosage of topical fluoride and have the knowledge of how to deal with an acute overdose of fluoride vanish
- Be familiar with the aetiology of dental disease and the principles of prevention
- Demonstrate competency in safely applying fluoride through completion of a electronic portfolio of experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding through set assignments.
You will be expected to attend training on:-
03 August 2023
- GDC Registration Number
- Self motivation
- Time to complete a electronic portfolio of experience
- A supportive employer and supervising dentist who can act as a witness for you
- Access to adults and children requiring topical fluoride application
- Access to a PC, the internet and Microsoft Word.
Before enrolling onto the course, you must have access to:
- 7 adult patients
- 7 child/young adult patients
- Up to date Basic Life Support Certificate and evidence of CPD.
- Online modules
- A complete electronic portfolio of experience
How to apply
For documentation on how to apply please visit Fluoride Application Pack
This can be emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
Any applications received with missing documents will not be processed and will be returned directly to the applicant.
You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.
Please do not attend if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Fluoride Application’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net