KCH Award in Clinical Photography
This course provides the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed for dental nurses to competently take clinical photographs on prescription of a dentist. Participants attend 1 day of training and complete a portfolio of evidence.
The course covers
- Using photography in Clinical Practice
- Equipment and Materials
- Good Practice
- Using a Camera
There are a maximum of 12 places available on this course.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Describe why and how photographs are used in a clinical setting.
- Describe the appropriate photographic equipment required for clinical photography.
- Describe common settings for effective photographs in a clinical environment.
- Describe positioning and focusing requirements for intra oral and extra oral views.
- Select and prepare the equipment appropriate for the photographs to be taken.
- Take intra oral and extra oral photographs of a range of patients which demonstrate appropriate positioning and focus techniques.
20 May 2023
- GDC Registration Number.
- Time to complete a portfolio of experience.
- A supportive employer and supervising dentist who can act as a witness for you.
- Access to patients requiring clinical photographs.
- Access to a PC, the Internet and Microsoft Word.
Before enrolling onto the course, you must ensure you will have access to:
- 10 patients requiring clinical photographs.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Multiple Choice examination.
How to apply
For documentation on how to apply please visit Clinical Photography 2
Any applications received with missing documents will not be processed and will be returned directly to the applicant.
You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.
Please do not attend if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Clinical Photography’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net