Certificate in Dental Radiography
The course covers
This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to achieve the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection.
- Awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography.
- Demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment.
- Discuss film types and their uses.
- Demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral x-rays through the complete of a Record of Competence.
Dates to be confirmed.
- GDC registration number.
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment.
- Self motivation.
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace.
- Please refer to the application checklist under “How to Apply” to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
- Attend 80% of course dates.
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Experience, including 3 1,000-word case studies.
- Achieve a pass in the NEBDN final examination.
How to apply
For documentation on how to apply please visit Radiography
This can be emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
Any applications received with missing documents will not be processed and will be returned directly to the applicant.
You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Sedation’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
Candidates who fail the examination will continue to be supported by the DTEC team at no extra cost until the expiration of their Record of Competence. NEBDN however will charge a resit examination fee. Details of fees payable are available on the NEBDN website (www.nebdn.org). These fees are paid to DTEC in the first instance and are then forwarded to NEBDN.
Candidates who choose to / or are required to defer entry to the examination will continue to be supported by the DTEC team but may be subject to charges according to the Examination Entry & Deferral Policy available here.