Introduction to Orthodontic Therapy
Laura Baird, Ceri Burnett and Laura Cockerham
The course covers
This course covers:
- An introduction to the role of an Orthodontic Therapist
- Hints and tips for the application and interview process
- The role of an Orthodontic Therapist in Clinical Assessment
- Practical session including bracket positioning and placing / tying in an arch wire
There are a maximum of 9 places available on this course.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of the role of an Orthodontic Therapist
- Summarise the content of the Scope of Practice for Orthodontic Therapists
- Describe the application and interview process for the Orthodontic Therapy course
- Understand how to write a good application
- Demonstrate how to perform well in an interview
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose and process for an orthodontic clinical assessment
- Understand the process for bracket and arch wire placement and practice these skills on a study model
GDC Registration Number.
An interest in Orthodontic Therapy
There is no assessment for this course.