This NEBDN Certificate in Special Care Dental Nursing will provide Dental Nurses with an in depth knowledge of medical conditions and how these affect the treatment and care that patients receive.
Participants will attend an in-house induction and then complete modules online – 45 weeks in total. This is a blended learning course that combines online learnign with classroom study. This allows you to learn at your own pace, in your own time.
The course will cover:
- Special Care Provision
- Medical conditions and how these affect the treatment
- Oral health Education
- Medical Emergencies
- Special Care Settings
- Legislation and Consent
By the end of this course dental nurses will be able to:
- Support patients with various medical conditions and demonstrate how these may affect the treatment and care that patients will receive
- Be familiar with the various special care settings
- Be aware of current relevant legislation including consent
- Promote patients General and Oral Health
- Demonstrate Basic Life Support, Manual Handling and CPD through the completion of a Record of Competence
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with the treatment of Special Care patients undergoing treatment through the completion of a Record of Competence.
- Day 1: 24 April 2020
- Day 2: 25 April 2020
- Day 3: 14 August 2020
- Day 4: 27 November 2020
- Day 5: 12 February 2021
- GDC registration
- Working regularly with special care patients (patients with a range of medical and social needs)
- Treating patients under conscious sedation and/or under general anaesthetic and/or domiciliary
- PC and internet connection.
To gain the qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of course dates
- Successful complete an NEBDN Record of Competence
- Achieve pass in the NEBDN written exam.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Special Care Nursing’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
How to apply
- Read the Employer Information Sheet – Special Care Nursing
- Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the checklist form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.