This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to achieve the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography.
This course covers:
- Radiation physics
- Radiation protection
- Practical radiography – intra & extra oral technique
- X-ray apparatus and equipment
- Film types, intensifying screens and processing
- Digital imaging
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection
- Awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography
- Demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment
- Discuss film types and their uses
- Demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral x-rays through the completion of a Record of Competence.
What our trainees say
“Great experience, great people”
“Great support from tutors”
“Would definitely recommend this course”
“Good value for money”
- GDC registration number
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment (50 cases)
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Please refer to the application checklist under ‘How to Apply’ to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
To gain this qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of course dates
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Experience, including 3 1,000-word case studies
- Achieve a pass in the NEBDN final examination.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Radiography’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net