The Dental Team Education Centre is committed to protecting the health and welfare of its staff and students. To this end we are looking to resume teaching on our post registration courses albeit in a very different format to usual.
We are taking a flexible approach to teaching and in order to protect the health of our community, we will have to limit the amount of people inside our buildings at any one time to ensure we can meet two metre safe distancing guidelines.
Where possible, we will deliver as much small group teaching, including clinical and lab-based sessions on the campus as we safely can.
Other teaching, including large group sessions and lectures, will be delivered online, through our virtual learning environment and Microsoft Teams.
Students should continue to apply for courses where they are happy to adopt the new teaching methods likely to be provided for the course.
Students who have already applied for a course will be contacted directly with any plans for the course provision as this information becomes available.
This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to achieve the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography.
This course covers:
- Radiation physics
- Radiation protection
- Practical radiography – intra & extra oral technique
- X-ray apparatus and equipment
- Film types, intensifying screens and processing
- Digital imaging
The course accepts a maximum of 18 places per course.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection
- Awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography
- Demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment
- Discuss film types and their uses
- Demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral x-rays through the completion of a Record of Competence.
What our trainees say
“Great experience, great people”
“Great support from tutors”
“Would definitely recommend this course”
“Good value for money”
- GDC registration number
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment (50 cases)
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Please refer to the application checklist under ‘How to Apply’ to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
To gain this qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of course dates
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Experience, including 3 1,000-word case studies
- Achieve a pass in the NEBDN final examination.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Radiography’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net