This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to get the NEBDN certificate in Dental Radiography.
This course covers:
- radiation physics
- radiation protection
- x-ray apparatus and equipment
- film types, intensifying screens, darkroom requirements and processing
- digital imagery
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection
- have awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography
- demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment
- discuss film types and their uses
- demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral and digital x-rays through the completion of a Record of Experience.
What our trainees say
“Great experience, great people”
“Great support from tutors”
“Would definitely recommend this course”
“Good value for money”
You will be expected to attend training on:
- 01 June 2018
- 02 June 2018
- 09 June 2018
- 20 July 2018
- 21 September 2018
- 19 October 2018
- 16 November 2018
- 18 January 2019
- 22 February 2019
- 08 March 2019 – exam
- GDC registration number
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment (50 cases)
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Please refer to the application checklist under ‘How to Apply’ to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
To gain this qualification you will need to:
- attend 80% of course dates
- successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Experience, including 3 1,000-word case studies
- achieve a pass in the NEBDN final examination.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.