This course is designed to provide both theoretical and practical instruction, along with portfolio support, for candidates wishing to achieve the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography.
This course covers:
- Radiation physics
- Radiation protection
- Practical radiography – intra & extra oral technique
- X-ray apparatus and equipment
- Film types, intensifying screens and processing
- Digital imaging
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Discuss the principles of radiation physics and protection
- Awareness of current legislation and safe practice with regards to dental radiography
- Demonstrate safe use of apparatus and equipment
- Discuss film types and their uses
- Demonstrate competency in taking intra oral, extra oral x-rays through the completion of a Record of Competence.
What our trainees say
“Great experience, great people”
“Great support from tutors”
“Would definitely recommend this course”
“Good value for money”
You will be expected to attend training on:
- 31 May 2019
- 1 June 2019
- 2 June 2019
- 8 June 2019
- 19 July 2019
- 20 September 2019
- 18 October 2019
- 15 November 2019
- 17 January 2020
- 21 February 2020
- March 2020 – exam
- GDC registration number
- Access to patients for both intra and extra oral x-ray equipment (50 cases)
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
- Please refer to the application checklist under ‘How to Apply’ to ensure you meet all of the requirements.
To gain this qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of course dates
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Experience, including 3 1,000-word case studies
- Achieve a pass in the NEBDN final examination.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Radiography’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the checklist form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.