This course is for registered dental nurses who routinely assist during orthodontic procedures. It will give trainees the ability to to practice competently and give them a greater understanding of orthodontic procedures.
The course covers:
- types of orthodontic treatment (fixed and removable)
- orthodontic records
- clinical photography
- interdisciplinary care
- oral health education.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- state the aims, limitations, risk and benefits or orthodontic treatment
- provide oral health instructions
- trace cephalometric radiographs
- prepare patients for and take clinical photographs
- demonstrate competence in assisting with the treatment of patients undergoing orthodontic treatment through the completion of a Record of Experience.
What our trainees say
“Really enjoyed the course”
“Very supportive and helpful tutors”
“Very high standards of learning”
“Great experience, very informative and interesting”
You will be expected to attend training on:
- 12 April 2018
- 10 May 2018
- 07 June 2018
- 18 July 2018
- 20 September 2018
- 11 October 2018
- 15 November 2018
- 6 December 2018
- 10 January 2019
- 14 February 2019
- 08 March 2019 – exam
- GDC registration
- Access to 50 orthodontic cases, including a minimum of 10 fixed, 10 removable and 5 functional
- Self motivation
- Supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace
To gain the qualification you will need to:
- attend 80% of course dates
- successfully complete a NEBDN Record of Experience, including 2 2,000-word case studies
- achieve a pass in the NEBDN written examination.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.