This online Dental Nurse course is designed to prepare students for the NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing and subsequent registration with the General Dental Council (GDC). Students who are enrolled into the course will primarily be based within their own workplace and will only attend the Dental Team Education Centre for three face to face sessions.
The vast majority of the course is taught online via the the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The online course consistently produces pass rates well above the national average and has high student satisfaction rates.
- Infection Control
- Regional Anatomy
- Oral Surgery
- Patient Management
- Health and Safety
- Dental Disease
How the course is delivered
The course consists of online theoretical training through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which supports the students workplace learning. Online training includes:
- Learning materials
- Exam-style modular assessments
- Continual tutor support
- Support for workplace mentors.
The course also includes three compulsory face-to-face training days:
- Mock exam 1
- Mock exam 2
What do our learners think?
“My experience of the online national certificate course was fantastic. The modules were really interesting, well laid out and easy to follow. The assignments were very useful throughout the learning process and also as revision aids. I was especially happy with the regular feedback and support I received from the tutors throughout the course and I liked the fact that I was able to interact with other students in the online forums. This course allowed me to work full-time and study at home and after one year I am really happy to have qualified as a dental nurse.”
- Students must be employed as a Dental Nurse before enrolling onto the course
- A workplace mentor with GDC Registration
- Your workplace mentor must attend the initial induction with you, and must be in a position to spend time supporting your learning throughout the course and liaise with the course tutor. This may be a Dental Care Professional
- A computer or laptop to complete online activity (this online course is not compatible with Apple devices)
- Internet connection
- NEBDN Record of Experience (ROE) to document your clinical competence
- NEBDN Written Examination
- NEBDN Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
How to apply
Email kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net to enquire further about the course.