This course is an update on recent, important regulation changes. Participants will improve their knowledge of, and compliance with, the Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) IRR 2017 and of the Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations IR(ME)R 2017. This will help to ensure an improved, safer working practice.
To deliver information on legislation relating to the IRR 2017 and IR(ME)R 2017. To discuss radiation production and methods of limiting the effects of ionising radiation to delegates and others.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- discuss IRR 2017 AND IR(ME)R 2018 and their importance in the workplace
- discuss the production of x-rays and methods of restriction of exposure to themselves and others
- state the role of the Radiation Protection Supervisor, Advisor and employer
- state the role of the operator, referrer and practitioner
- discuss justification of medical exposure and the ALARP principal
- discuss the importance of dose limits, controlled areas, investigation and notification of incidents, training, monitoring, optimisation and Quality Assurance
- discuss common film faults and how they can be avoided.
How to book
- Pay online (full payment)
- Submit confirmation of payment by emailing kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net to confirm your place and provide your order confirmation number.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.