This one day course provides the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills needed to competently take impressions of patients to the prescription of a dentist. It is designed for dental nurses, but Dental Care Professionals who are interested in impression taking are encouraged to attend.
Participants will attend a 1 day training course and complete a portfolio of evidence.
This course will cover:
- introduction to Clinical Patient Management
- dental materials
- restorative dentistry procedures
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- discuss the various restorative procedures that require the use of dental impressions and the most suitable materials that can be used for each
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding through set assignments
- demonstrate competency in safely taking dental impressions under the prescription of a dentist through completion of a portfolio of experience.
To be accepted onto the course, you must have:
- your own GDC Registration Number
- a current BLS certificate
- self motivation
- time to complete a Portfolio of Experience
- an employer who is supportive of you taking the course
- access to adults and children requiring dental impressions.
before enrolling onto the course, you must have access to:
- a minimum of 15 patients, including at least:
- 10 dentate patients
- 2 edentulous patients
- 3 paediatric and adolescent patients.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the checklist form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.