This course provides the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed for dental nurses to competently apply topical fluoride to adult and child patients, from a prescription of a dentist or as part of a community project. Participants attend 1 day of training, complete online modules via our DTEC Virtual Learning Environment, and complete a electronic portfolio of evidence.
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Clinical Patient Management
- Oral Disease
- Preventative Dentistry
- Topical Fluoride
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Be competent in the safe selection and dosage of topical fluoride and have the knowledge of how to deal with an acute overdose of fluoride vanish
- Be familiar with the aetiology of dental disease and the principles of prevention
- Demonstrate competency in safely applying fluoride through completion of a electronic portfolio of experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding through set assignments.
What our candidates say?
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course and would definitely recommend it to my colleagues. The Teaching Team at King’s is excellent”.
To be accepted onto the course, you must have:
- GDC Registration Number
- Self motivation
- Time to complete a electronic portfolio of experience
- A supportive employer and supervising dentist who can act as a witness for you
- Access to adults and children requiring topical fluoride application
- Access to a PC, the internet and Microsoft Word.
Before enrolling onto the course, you must have access to:
- 7 adult patients
- 7 child/young adult patients
- Up to date Basic Life Support Certificate and evidence of CPD.
Participants are assessed via:
- Online modules
- A complete electronic portfolio of experience
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the checklist form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.