The Dental Team Education Centre is committed to protecting the health and welfare of its staff and students. To this end we are looking to resume teaching on our post registration courses albeit in a very different format to usual.
We are taking a flexible approach to teaching and in order to protect the health of our community, we will have to limit the amount of people inside our buildings at any one time to ensure we can meet two metre safe distancing guidelines.
Where possible, we will deliver as much small group teaching, including clinical and lab-based sessions on the campus as we safely can.
Other teaching, including large group sessions and lectures, will be delivered online, through our virtual learning environment and Microsoft Teams.
Students should continue to apply for courses where they are happy to adopt the new teaching methods likely to be provided for the course.
Students who have already applied for a course will be contacted directly with any plans for the course provision as this information becomes available.
This DTEC course will provide the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed to competently assist with all stages of endodontic treatment. Participants will need to attend all 4 days face to face teaching and after this will complete a portfolio of experience.
This course will cover:
- aetiology of pulpal and periapical disease
- diagnosis and management of pulpal and periapical disease
- patient consent and communication for root canal treatment
- root canal anatomy and access cavities
- materials, instruments and equipment used for root canal treatment including rubber dam and setting up a microscope
- root canal preparation
- root canal obturation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe current theoretical knowledge of root canal treatment
- demonstrate practical skills to assist chairside with all stages of root canal treatment
- demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through set assignments.
To be accepted onto the course, you need:
- a dental nursing qualification
- GDC registration number
- self motivation
- time to complete a portfolio
- a supportive employer
- access to adults requiring endodontic treatment.
Achieving the qualification
To acheieve this qualification, participants must:
- attend 100% of course dates
- successfully complete of a portfolio of experience
- pass the set assignments.
How to apply
There are currently no current dates for this course.
To be added to the course waiting list, email kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611.