This course will provide the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills needed to competently assist with all stages of endodontic treatment. Participants will need to attend all 4 days face to face teaching and after this will complete a portfolio of experience.
This course will cover:
- aetiology of pulpal and periapical disease
- diagnosis and management of pulpal and periapical disease
- patient consent and communication for root canal treatment
- root canal anatomy and access cavities
- materials, instruments and equipment used for root canal treatment including rubber dam and setting up a microscope
- root canal preparation
- root canal obturation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe current theoretical knowledge of root canal treatment
- demonstrate practical skills to assist chairside with all stages of root canal treatment
- demonstrate their knowledge and understanding through set assignments.
To be accepted onto the course, you need:
- a dental nursing qualification
- GDC registration number
- self motivation
- time to complete a portfolio
- a supportive employer
- access to adults requiring endodontic treatment.
Achieving the qualification
To acheieve this qualification, participants must:
- attend 100% of course dates
- successfully complete of a portfolio of experience
- pass the set assignments.
How to apply
There are currently no current dates for this course.
To be added to the course waiting list, email kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net or call 020 3299 1611.