King’s have two intakes a year to apply for our Trainee Dental Nurse placement. Placements start in March and September and are funded by the applicant or the applicant’s workplace.
King’s do not provide funding for the Dental Nurse training placement.
This course prepares you for the NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing and subsequent registration with the General Dental Council (GDC). Students complete a work placement at King’s College NHS Foundation Trust, Dental Institute for a minimum of 22.5 hours (3 days a week) or a maximum of 37.5 hours (5 days a week).
Study that supports your work placement is provided online, through our virtual learning environment (VLE). This consists of learning materials and exam-style modular assessments.
Course modules include:
- Infection control
- Regional anatomy
- Oral surgery
- Patient management
- Health and safety
- Dental disease
- Successful application stage
- Successful interview stage
- Access to a PC or laptop (this online learning platform is not compatible with Apple devices)
- Internet connection
- NEBDN Record of Experience
- NEBDN Written Examination
- NEBDN Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application Form
- Submit the completed application. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission to confirm your application has been received
- Application outcome will be provided with 4 weeks from submission
All successful applicants will be invoiced after successfully completing the application and interview stage. For further information, email mailto:kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net.