This course is designed to prepare students for the NEBDN Diploma in Dental Nursing and subsequent registration with the General Dental Council (GDC). It consistently produces pass rates well above the national average and has high student satisfaction rates.
- Infection Control
- Regional Anatomy
- Oral Surgery
- Patient Management
- Health and Safety
- Dental Disease
How the course is delivered
The course consists of online theoretical training through our Virtual Learning Environment, which supports your workplace learning. Online training includes:
- learning materials
- exam-style modular assessments
- continual tutor support
- support for workplace mentors.
The course also includes three compulsory face-to-face training days:
- induction (attendance by your mentor is also compulsory)
- mock exam 1
- mock exam 2
What do our learners think?
“My experience of the online national certificate course was fantastic. The modules were really interesting, well laid out and easy to follow. The assignments were very useful throughout the learning process and also as revision aids. I was especially happy with the regular feedback and support I received from the tutors throughout the course and I liked the fact that I was able to interact with other students in the online forums. This course allowed me to work full-time and study at home and after one year I am really happy to have qualified as a dental nurse.”
- Existing employment as a Dental Nurse
- A workplace mentor with GDC Registration. You mentor must attend the induction with you, and must be in a position to spend time supporting your learning and liaising with the course tutor. This may be a DCP.
- A PC and internet connection (this online course is not compatible with Apple devices.)
- NEBDN Record of Experience (ROE) to document your clinical competence
- NEBDN Written Examination
- NEBDN Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
How to apply
Email kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net to enquire further about the course.