This course will develop Implant Dental Nurses’ theoretical knowledge and skills. Topics will include treatment planning, surgical & restorative implant procedures, complications, advanced procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting, implant maintenance and oral health education.
The course will cover:
- The theory of Osseo-integration
- Treatment planning and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Implant instrumentation and equipment
- Implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Advanced implant procedures including bone augmentation and sinus lifting procedures
- Implant maintenance and oral health education
- Clinical photography skills.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss treatment planning options and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Discuss implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of dental implant nursing
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with various Dental Implant procedures through completion of a portfolio.
You will also be expected to attend training on:
- 31 October 2019
- 16 January 2020
- 06 February 2020
- 05 March 2020
- 02 April 2020
- 14 May 2020
- 11 June 2020
- 09 July 2020
- 03 September 2020
- Exam date TBC
- GDC registration
- Access to assist with surgical & restorative stages of Dental Implant Treatment
- Self motivation
- A supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace.
To gain the qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of listed course dates
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Competence including 2 x case studies
- Achieve pass in the written examination.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Implant Nursing’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the checklist form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.