The Dental Team Education Centre is committed to protecting the health and welfare of its staff and students. To this end we are looking to resume teaching on our post registration courses albeit in a very different format to usual.
We are taking a flexible approach to teaching and in order to protect the health of our community, we will have to limit the amount of people inside our buildings at any one time to ensure we can meet two metre safe distancing guidelines.
Where possible, we will deliver as much small group teaching, including clinical and lab-based sessions on the campus as we safely can.
Other teaching, including large group sessions and lectures, will be delivered online, through our virtual learning environment and Microsoft Teams.
Students should continue to apply for courses where they are happy to adopt the new teaching methods likely to be provided for the course.
Students who have already applied for a course will be contacted directly with any plans for the course provision as this information becomes available.
This NEBDN qualification will develop Implant Dental Nurses’ theoretical knowledge and practical skills. Topics will include treatment planning, surgical & restorative implant procedures, complications, advanced procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting, implant maintenance and oral health education.
The course will cover:
- The theory of Osseo-integration
- Treatment planning and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Implant instrumentation and equipment
- Implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Advanced implant procedures including bone augmentation and sinus lifting procedures
- Implant maintenance and oral health education
- Clinical photography skills.
There are a maximum of 18 places available for this course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe treatment planning options and potential contra-indications to treatment
- Describe implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- Undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of dental implant nursing
- Demonstrate competency in assisting with various dental implant procedures through completion of a portfolio (Record of Competence).
- 15 June 2021
- 17 August 2021
- 12 October 2021
- 14 December 2021
- 15 February 2022
- 12 April 2022
- 14 June 2022
- GDC registration
- Access to assist with surgical & restorative stages of dental implant treatment as outlined in the “Employer Information Sheet” available here http://dtec.kch.nhs.uk/media/Employer-Information-Sheet-Implants.pdf
- Self motivation
- Suitably qualified staff within the workplace who are willing to act as witnesses to your performance during completion of your Record of Experience. Each witness will need to complete a Witness Training Programme prior to observing any performance. Information regarding the Witness Training Programme is available here.
To gain the qualification you will need to:
- Attend 80% of listed course dates
- Successfully complete an NEBDN Record of Competence including 2 x case studies
- Achieve pass in the written examination.
If you are interested in joining our mailing list, please email adding ‘Mailing List – Dental Implant Nursing’ in the subject line to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net
How to apply
- Give the Employer Information Sheet – Implant Nursing to your employer to ensure they are happy to support you
- Download and complete the application form
- Download and complete the checklist form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.