This course will develop Implant Dental Nurses’ theoretical knowledge and skills. Topics will include: treatment planning, implant procedures, complications, advanced procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting, implant maintenance and oral health education.
The course will cover:
- the theory of Osseo-integration
- treatment planning and potential contra-indications to treatment
- implant instrumentation and equipment
- implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- advanced implant procedures including bone augmentation and sinus lifting procedures
- implant maintenance and oral health education
- clinical photography skills.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- discuss treatment planning options and potential contra-indications to treatment
- discuss implant surgical and restorative procedures as well as complications that can arise
- undertake a written examination to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of dental implant nursing
- demonstrate competency in assisting with various Dental Implant procedures through completion of a portfolio.
You will also be expected to attend training on:
- 01 November 2018
- 17 January 2019
- 07 February 2019
- 07 March 2019
- 04 April 2019
- 16 May 2019
- 13 June 2019
- 11 July 2019
- 05 September 2019
- Exam date TBC
- GDC registration
- access to assist with dental implants
- self motivation
- a supportive employer who will supervise you in your workplace.
To gain the qualification you will need to:
- provide support to 6 patients undergoing assessment and treatment planning for dental implants
- provide support to 8 patients undergoing the surgical stages of implants
- provide support to 10 patients undergoing restorative stages of implants
- provide 2 reflective accounts of advanced surgical procedures
- provide a reflective account on your knowledge and skills in relation to implant dental nursing
- provide certified copy of up to date Basic Life Support Training Certificate
- pass a written examination.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form
- Pay online (full payment or course deposit) or provide company PO
- Submit the completed application and your confirmation of payment. This can be posted, or emailed to kch-tr.DentalTeamEducationCentre@nhs.net. Please send all documentation using the same method.
- You will receive a confirmation email up to 3 working days from submission.